September 22, 2004

So, yeah... I started to think that blogging wasn't as cool as it seemed..

...but I really don't have much of an outlet since I don't really see anybody during the week. I need some way to vent about the news, share things with the outside world, and practice my typing skills. So, I know it's been 2 months (actually more like 2.66) without a post on here or my other, more politically oriented, blog. So, I'll recap what's happened in the last 2 & 2/3 months. Lots of things have changed.

1. First, Margaret and I moved into a house together near UNCG. We're pretty good as roommates, especially since we don't really see each other during the week due to our opposite schedules. I feel bad sometimes because (since I sleep while she's awake) she feels like she has to be really quiet or out of the house till 10 every night. That's really my fault since I tend to fall asleep in the den much more often than in my room because the den is much darker in the daytime. So, basically she's paying rent for a house that she doesn't spend a lot of time in. But, maybe that's ok. Her choice, I guess.

2. I stopped smoking!! At least I've not smoked a cigarette in the last month and a half or so. That's pretty good for someone who smoked regularly for 8-9 years. I quit cold turkey when I got back from Vermont (where I, and several others, experienced Phish's last official show despite numerous setbacks and delays). I quit because my throat hurt and was sick. Then I lost my voice for three or four days. I figured I might as well keep going after I'd gone for a week. We'll see how long I go.

Now that I think about it, it would have made for interesting blogging to document the progress of my smoking cessation. The thoughts that occasionally went through my head. Maybe I'll start again just so I can write about it. But, I guess I'm still going through it. I mean, I wouldn't mind smoking a cigarette right now, y'know? Wow; just writing about smoking is making me want one. So, maybe it's better that I didn't sit here night after night and write about how much I wanted to smoke. Obsessing probably wouldn't have helped my cravings.

3. I said lots of things had changed...I guess that's not really true. A few things have changed. I have a goatee now. Really, it's just practice for the beard that I will eventually grow. What else? I've been cooking more. I made Margaret a cake for her BD. I made empanadas last week and I'm still eating them since I made six. I also have a bunch of the filling left over which would make good spaghetti sauce with a little tomato sauce. Um... I bought an xbox to reward myself for not smoking...someone stole Margaret's new lawn mower out from under our house. Fucking animals. So we're now sharing Luke's and Linc's (beaver & beaver).

4. Oh! I, arch-nemesis of all things cellular and phone-like in nature, got a cell phone since we weren't going to get a house phone. I have to admit that it is more convenient. GOing to Vermont it saved us. We probably wouldn't have made it without one.

Anyway, that's all I can think of right now and this post is way too long already. Now that I broke the seal hopefully I'll keep this a little more updated. Also, check out Tunkamerica for some mind-blowingly (blowingly?) insightful reactions to news of the day as the campaign drags itself painfully closer and closer to the finish line. I lost interest for a while because it all seemed so petty and Kerry looked like he was going to win. Now, that the outcome is less assured I feel like I need to do my tiny little part to preach to the choir and provide some links to stories we've all read anyway. Anyway, I'm out.

1 comment:

TheShu said...

Welcome back. Keep on blogging and feel free to connect with some of your fellow Greensboro bloggers. Stop on by www.greensboroistalking.com and you can find a bunch of them.